Monday 5 July 2010

The One with the Lost Weekend

We were supposed to do so much this weekend. Parties to go to, Chinese food to eat, music days in the park to stroll to.

We didn't do any of it!

I got a terrible headache that turned to a migraine on Saturday lunchtime and I felt washed out all weekend.

Feeling ill BTB (before the boy) was one thing but feeling under the weather (and this seriously was down to the heavy weather) when you have a four month old is quite another. Thank goodness I have my lovely hubbie to take charge when I fall at the wayside but it got me thinking to how people on their own manage.

For an only child I'm not fond of being on my own. I need company and support pretty much all of the time (needy cow!!) and luckily I have it but this weekend made me appreciate it even more. I admire people who, through no fault of their own, find themselves bringing up a child alone. I don't think I could do it. Knowing I can hand the boy to my husband when I can't do anything with him and let him have a go is a great relief and without that backup I'd probably crack up.

So that was that. What a waste. A lost weekend. When we had so much planned to do.

Mind you England were supposed to be in the quarter finals this weekend too and that didn't pan out either...

Mustn't grumble hey!

No comments:

Post a Comment