Friday 4 November 2011

The One with the Leaving Meal

That's it!


I've finally and officially left work.


Last night was my long awaited leaving meal and now I should have, what the Americans call, "closure".


I had a wonderful time. We ate spicy Mexican food, I downed three large glasses of Pinot Grigio and most importantly I enjoyed the fabulous company of a select and loyal band of, not just former work colleagues, but true friends.


But do I have "closure"? 


I couldn't honestly tell you. I'm not sure I'll ever know. 


Some things I do know though. 


I know I don't drink much anymore and I'm taking antibiotics (which I checked I could drink with at the last minute) , Covonia and paracetamol for my sore throat, bad sinuses and chest so I was off my tits on one glass of wine. By glass number three I was feeling no pain at all. The pain came this morning with a thumping headache and Oscar and the boy vying for my attention at 6.30 am!


I know I now have the leaving card I craved for, with messages of good luck on and something for me to keep and treasure forever.


I know that despite everything I'm very lucky to be given this opportunity to finally do something I've always wanted to. 


I know I'm more than lucky to have the boy. 


I know everything will be all right.



I know so much has changed and will change in the next year.


I know that I made amazing friends in the 13 and a half years with my old company and I always seem to have a hangover when I've been out with them.


Closure or no closure let's hope that's one thing that never changes.........



No comments:

Post a Comment